Culture Connection: Theatre Etiquette (AUDIO)

With Malcolm Darrell

In this hilariously funny episode of Culture Connection, Malcolm Darrell lists the top ten things we need to know about theatre etiquette. Listen up before you attend your next live performance to avoid embarrassment! Enjoy!

Photo by Anna Mae Lam Photography

Play

9 Comments on "Culture Connection: Theatre Etiquette (AUDIO)"

1. Joyce Cattenhead May 31, 2012 · 3:11 pm

Hillarious but true, Malcolm! I think your commentary could easily be woven into a colorful comedic theatre production of its own. Can the church say AMEN!

• Malcolm May 31, 2012 · 3:26 pm

TRUE!!! Hmmmmm what shall I title it?

2. Thomas Manning Jun 2, 2012 · 9:00 am

Thank you Brother Malcolm for helping with the correct pronunciation of “theatre” and what I should wear when attending. I thought it was funny and very informative since I fit the description, in that I only attend the theater once a year. I will no longer make my wife come with me in my attempt to take two open seats that are closer to the stage like I do at baseball games! We will sit and watch the performance and discuss it afterwards at our not play. So if you happened to notice the theater is a tab quieter next time it was us taking your advice. Keep of the good work Malcolm on and off the stage and in the human community.

3. Malcolm Jun 5, 2012 · 11:09 pm

Thomas,
    Thank you for your input and support. Keep your enthusiasm about seeing live theatre!
    Be well,
    Brother Malcolm

4. Sheila Jefferson Jun 10, 2012 · 7:42 am

Very informative. Feeding us straight talk with a little humor so that it will go down smoothly. Very vise, because you know our people will accept almost anything if it is funny.
    Even wisdom.

Stay blessed..

• Mulani Sep 21, 2012 · 9:57 pm

The full ten points and both tmhbus up for your efforts. Its good to see people helping others realise that IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE SO SERIOUS ALL THE TIME!! Good clean fun taking the piss out of the mundane, I like it. I’ll give you guys five bucks CASH if you make it to Sydney think about it. Marc

5. Malcolm Jun 12, 2012 · 5:05 pm

Thanks Sheila! We’re on a mission to encourage a life filled with culture!

• Expedito Sep 21, 2012 · 11:19 pm

Hi Allegra, Too many people ovlrvaeue what they are not and undervalue what they are. So true. Too often I focus on what I’m not so good at and this post reminds me to focus on what I’m really good at Thanks for sharing this post, this is my first visit to your site but if you’ll be adding more posts like this I’ll certainly be back for more Vanessa

6. Mary Sep 21, 2012 · 9:19 pm

Nice post Allegra!We all have hidden telants and it’s a shame that they so often remain hidden. I used to wait for someone to say, I need this done, and if I could do it I’d raise my hand. Now I say, this is what I can do, and people say, hey, can you do that for me? What a difference this has made in my life.Roland I never let anyone read my stories! What if they don’t like them? ~ George McFly

Comments are now closed for this article.